Welcome to our preciousss blog...

You have now stepped in to the kingdom of the movie (and Lord of the Rings) geeks. Like Frodo Baggins of the Shire you now have a choice...to go back to your safe existence or to join our world of obsession...


Saturday 26 July 2008

Howard Shore...the man, the myth, the legend

Ok, so you're probably thinking "who the f#*k is Howard Shore. " Well, all of us Lord of the Rings fans know that he is the genious that composed the music for the film trilogy. This very very talented man was obviously born with a gift. I will never forget the first time I saw The return of the King in the cinema and how the score made the hair on my arms stand up and I thaugt to myself "This is the best filmscore I have ever heard in my entire life." Now, four years later, there's only one movie soundtrack that has been able to push The Lord of the Rings down from the no 1 spot. Of course...Brokeback Mountain. The composer, Gustavo Santaolalla from Spain, is a God.

But never the less, there's no doubt that Howard Shore has created something spectacular and legendary. Every culture, every place and every charecter in the films has there own theme and they all move and seduce you with their beauty. One of my favourite scenes where his score truly shines is the lightening of the beacons. One of my favourite scenes in the trilogy. And it also happends to be Viggo Mortensens favescene as well. He has very good taste.

Here's the scene. And pump up the volume for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyGN1Rdqo0

No comments: